You are invited to join us for the Meet in the Middle Corvette cruise event in Winnipeg Manitoba on the weekend of July 14th, 2018.
July 10th update:
As the winter and spring months rolled by many things were going on in the background to finalize plans and venues. This being a multi-day event with many starting points it required some fairly complicated logistics and planning. This was accomplished with teamwork from a number of CCF regulars and some great people in Winnipeg. Wayne has represented the efforts from the Winnipeg side very well. He has organized the venues and recruited volunteers to assist with the events and help provide us with a great Corvette experience in Winnipeg. There are many people across the country who have contributed to the organizing and planning of MITM. So to them, I say thanks.
I would like to specifically acknowledge the generosity of a group of Corvette lovers who have contributed and provided the food and location for the BBQ event with sponsorships from their businesses and offering us the hospitality of their home.
Bernie and Bev: These great folks are hosting the BBQ at their lovely home for us to relax and enjoy some great food and friendship.
Barry Bruce: Barry is a McDonald’s franchise owner in Steinbach and Selkirk Manitoba. We expect this guy knows how to make a great burger. Who doesn’t enjoy a Big Mac and fries now and then. Barry is a CCF member and runs under the username of barryB.
Andy Hill: Andy operates a home furnishing business named kern-Hill in Winnipeg. He has some pretty nice BBQs over there too! Andy has been on CCF a while and rolls with the username of 61ratvette. Quite a few of us are excited to see his “15 foot” C1 Corvette.
Now a few details to update you all on:
- Autocross and Show & Shine registration will be Friday night in and around the meal at about 19:00. There will be some registration for the Show and Shine available Saturday morning between 07:00 and 08:00. Hands off the cars at about 09:00ish and Judging will begin. This event is fun focused and intended to be a social experience so relax and enjoy.
- The awards for the Autocross and the Show and Shine will be presented at the BBQ Saturday evening.
- The 3rd level of the parkade will be reserved for MITM and Corvette only parking. Wayne says the East entrance is the one to use.
- Don’t forget your lawn chairs.
- Wayne will give us a live update Friday night on 94 gas and Wash locations.
So be sure and say “hi” to the people who have donated to or worked hard to help put on to this MITM weekend event.
Only 3 more days until we all Meet in the MIddle.
See you in Winnipeg,
This event includes:
A great drive from multiple group starting points where we will meet up along the way to Winnipeg. In Winnipeg we will be joining with the Corvette Club of Manitoba for a day of autocross, a show and shine followed by a BBQ. Below you will find a summary of the events and all the details on the journey to and from Winnipeg. There will be dedicated parking for our Corvettes.
Thursday July 12: Multiple kick off locations with overnight stops. (details below)
Wayne in Winnipeg has been busy organizing things and has done a great job for the weekend of Corvette fun and socializing.
Friday July 13: 19:00 Registration and dinner.
Details for Dinner: Friday night is seafood buffet night, dinner is $24.95, or order off the menu. We have a 3346 square foot private room called “the Blue Lagoon” attached to the buffet area being provided for eating, registration and social gathering.
Here is the link to “the Blue Lagoon”
Asltos’ is the dinning area in green and “The Blue Lagoon” is in orange on page 1 scroll to page 3 for a bigger picture of the room.
Saturday July 14:
- Autocross event put on by the Corvette Club of Manitoba adjacent to the hotel. Pre-registration and fee will be Required. (Registration form below)
- A Show and Shine will take place simultaneously with the Autocross for fun and socializing. No fee for this.
- After the Autocross and Show and Shine a BBQ / meet and greet organized and hosted by the Corvette Club of Manitoba. We will be presenting the prizes for the events during the BBQ. Pre-registration is required. (Note: this will be held rain or shine at the residence of a generous local member of the Corvette Club of Manitoba.)
Sunday July 15:
- 08:00 Informal breakfast in the Hotel then a drive back toward your home with fellow CCF members if you so choose. Some interesting routes are being planned for the trips home so check out the kick off threads below if you are interested in an adventurous route home.
This event is supported by CCF and hosted locally by The Corvette Club of Manitoba for us as Corvette lovers to drive our cars together; gather and make great new friends, along with seeing some good old friends.
Wayne (81Wayne) from the Corvette Club of Manitoba is organizing the events in Winnipeg for us to all get together and enjoy a weekend of “Corvette” friendship and many laughs. Below you will find the entry form for the Autocross and BBQ. Remember registration is required. Send your completed registration form as indicated on the top of page 2 of the form. The registration link is below. Wayne will contact you after your registration form is sent in to organize and collect your entry fee for the event.
The link to the forum thread “Let’s Meet in the Middle” is here:
There will be Trophies awarded for the Autocross and Show and Shine.
A special plaque will be awarded to the members travelling the farthest from all 4 directions.
Tee-shirts and Ball Caps are available. A special commemorative plaque is available for purchase to members attending the MITM event. All are in the Corvette Zone store now.
Special items sold out
MITM items for purchase will only be available till May 01, 2018 so order now.
Winnipeg Hotel information
Special rate for the “Meet in the Middle” event.
- An initial block of 30 rooms has been arranged for CCF members July 13th and 14th.
- Dedicated parking has been arranged.
Kick off locations and Stopovers:
The links to the multiple kick off points are below. Simply click on the link and navigate to the CCF threads where you will find all the sorted details on planning the start locations and times. Feel free to comment or ask questions. This event post section is a summary of the planning and will be updated regularly to accommodate the whims and demands of the the multiple groups.
The Journey from the West: July 12th
Calgary Start: Hosted by Spence.
CCF thread link: Calgary Start
This information is for the CALGARY STOP for the night of Wednesday JULY 11, 2018
and CALGARY START for a Cruise to Moose Jaw on Thursday JULY 12, 2018
You are most welcome to book more nights previous to this if you would like to enjoy the Calgary Stampede
I will post more information in the CCF Calgary Start thread to introduce you to the area of this Hotel as there is a lot to accommodate yourself and your Corvette
- There are 2 Coin Car Washes (I personally use them)
- The Deerfoot Inn & Casino is close by
- There is a Flying-J with Shell V-Power Fuel
- Jack Carter Chevrolet Cadillac Corvette GMC Dealership
- Two Separate Shopping & Dining Areas
(many sit-down and fast food Restaurants of varied cuisine)
- I also Reside in the adjacent Neighborhood
- The Management & Staff at Service Plus Inns & Suites
are enthusiastic to accommodate Ourselves with our Corvettes in their own Section of the Parking Lot
I have negotiated an initial special 12 room allotment for July 11th.
King Bed with a Sofa Lounge & more.
Regular Price is minimum $169 during Stampede.
our Price $149 per night.
see all your details below.
The Hotel will increase the allotment – subject to availability.
Try not to delay booking.
I have negotiated a 72 hour cancellation policy.
(as their current best Stampede rate is more restrictive, prepaid & slightly greater cost)
Booking Group Name & number is: “Meet in the Middle Corvette – 2695”
or call 1-403-256-5352
Our Hotel in Calgary South | Service Plus Inns & Suites
The particulars are below
This stop is currently planning to head East from Calgary to Moose Jaw on Thursday July 12th
THE PRELIMINARY ITINERARY …
July 12 Preliminary Itinerary Calgary to Moose Jaw
The following is an idea of rough-timing and plans for a large group. Should there be a smaller group on this leg it will be very flexible
(you may note that google maps estimates 6hr & 45mins + our est stops)
- 07:00am – SN-III can lead Hotel Corvettes (fueled up) to Start Point to meet up w/ others (fueled up)
- 07:30am – Start Point Driver’s Introduction Meeting – East Hills Costco Parking (to be confirmed)
- 08:00am – Leave Start Point – East Hwy1a to Chestermere and on to Hwy 1 Eastbound
- 10:00am – Arrive Brooks – Flying-J Shell V-Power “catch-up, stretch & relief” (fuel opportunity)
- 10:30am – Depart Brooks Hwy 1 East
- 12:00pm – Arrive Medicine Hat – Lunch – (either Cheesecake Cafe or Redwood @ MedHatLodge – to be confirmed) (fuel opportunity)
- 13:30pm – Depart Medicine Hat Hwy 1 East
- 15:45pm – Arrive Swift Current – Shell V-Power & Husky for “catch-up, stretch & relief” (fuel opportunity)
- 16:15pm – Depart Swift Current Hwy 1 East
- 18:15pm – Arrive Moose Jaw for Hotel Check-in
- 18:30pm – Meet up with Red Deer & Edmonton Groups and Dinner adjacent to Hotel at Boston Pizza (fuel up opportunity following)
- July 13 Preliminary Itinerary Moose Jaw to Winnipeg
- start time – to be determined (See Derek’s section)
- 08:00ish Depart Moose Jaw
- 1hr to Regina (collect Regina Corvettes)
- Depart Regina
- 2.5hrs to Moosomin for Lunch
- Depart Moosomin
- 1.5 hrs to Brandon “catch-up, stretch and relief”
- Depart Brandon
- 2.5 hrs to Winnipeg
See you there,
Red Deer Start: Hosted by Eric.
CCF thread link: Red Deer Start
The Route plan to Moose Jaw:
We will be meeting for bacon and eggers and coffee at the A & W, South Red Deer, West side of Gaetz/49th just east of London Drugs at 08:00. Coffee and posturing for position first, then we leave at 08:30. After that we have no schedule. We pee when we want, stretch when we want, eat when we want and get there when we get there.
Edmonton Start: Hosted by Derek
CCF thread link: Edmonton Start
July 12th we will Meet at 07:45 and launch at 08:00 from the Flying J Shell at Broadmoor Blvd and Pembina Rd in Sherwood Park. Tim Hortons on location.
The Edmonton group will be stopping in Lloydminster to pit and meet Dub before proceeding east to Moose Jaw. Co-op fuel and a Tim Hortons at the stop.
Next official Edmonton group stop will be Saskatoon for fuel and more cars. It’s a 2 1/2 hour run so expect to pull in at North Battleford for an unofficial break / leg stretch.
July 12th overnight stop in Moosejaw
The Western Kick off groups will be all meeting up with Shayne in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan on the afternoon of July 12 for an evening of polishing and socializing. Rooms are blocked off in this hotel for you to make a reservation.
Details: Heritage Inn Moose Jaw, Sk
- 20 rooms blocked off for Thursday July 12th. (well 19 now)
- Use “CCF Meet in the Middle” as a booking reference.
- Rate: $96.00 per night. For $7.00 extra a hot breakfast is added on.
- Rooms must be booked by June 12th for the rate.
- Free cancellation up to EOB July 10th.
- Check in time 16:00 however they will let us in early if we want.
- There is an evening group dinner arranged next door at Boston Pizza. Detail below
- Plenty of parking. We will take over a section of the parking lot.
- Phone: Toll Free 1 (888) 888-4374 or 1 (306) 693-7550 Direct.
After Check-in at the hotel and when the ladies are tired of polishing and hearing how awesome our Corvettes are…. We are off for dinner at Boston Pizza just next to the hotel. Spence has made arrangements for a section for 30 hungry travellers from 6:30pm up to a 2am closing.
This offers an awesome variation of menu items and is licensed too.
Cars get parked & it’s walking distance from our Hotel to next door.
Should meet everyone’s taste and reasonable price and easier on coordinating. Thanks to Spence for setting up the dinner spot for us.
Thursday July 12th from 6:30pm
Boston Pizza (1-306-691-5455)
1650 Main Street, Moose Jaw
“Corvette Meet in the Middle” Section
The July 13th run to Winnipeg
Friday July 13th the entire Western crew will be heading out of Moose Jaw at 08:00ish and travelling about an hour to meet up with the gang from Regina in in the Southland Mall parking lot. It is huge, and there is a Starbucks to fill up on some caffeine for the next hitch.
From Regina we travel a couple hours together for lunch at The Red Barn located at 405 Main St, in the mighty Moosomin, SK.
A somewhat famous Canadian road trip restaurant.
From there we spend a few hours heading to Winnipeg with a stop off in Brandon to stretch legs, laugh and complain about the radios. Yay
The Eastern Journey:
Eastern Start: For members closer to the center of the universe. Jim z16jim from Port Hope hijacked this thread and is laying out the cruise to Winnipeg plan.
CCF thread link: lets-meet-in-the-middle-east
Here is Jims initial plan. Hit the MITME link above to chime in on the plan and discussion.
Meet In The Middle East:
Anyone that is going to MITM from the East and wants to hook up on the way out. I will be leaving on Wed July 11th.
Wed July 11
leaving Port Hope around 7:30 am
stop for lunch in Sudbury around 1 pm
stop over night in Sault Ste.Marie no accommodations as of yet
Thurs July 12
7:30 – 9:00 am back on the road
stop for lunch in White river
stay over night in Thunder Bay no accommodations as of yet
Fri July 13
7:30 – 9:00 am back on the road
Stop for lunch in Vermilion Bay then on to Winnipeg.
Times are just estimates – fuel stops, bathroom breaks ???
A bonus Cruise West after the events in Winnipeg
Spence and Freda are taking the scenic route back to Calgary and have welcomed any members who wish to join them. Any questions? Ask in Winnipeg at MITM or send Spence a message. SN-III
An unofficial CCF Event opportunity to join
CCF:SN-III (Spence & Freda)
Sunday, July 15th 2018
USA Border Crossing & a cell phone travel add-on required (for car-to-car communication)
Winnipeg – Grand Forks – Williston North Dakota
Website (click): BEST WESTERN PLUS @ Williston North Dakota
4201 4th Avenue West, Williston, North Dakota 58801 USA
King Bed – AMA rate – US$85.49 + fees
Tool Free Call Centre: 1-800-780-7234
Intention is to have Dinner @ Famous Dave’s BBQ
Famous Dave’s BBQ- Menu
Monday, July 16th 2018
Williston North Dakota – Shelby Montana
Day 2 note: an alternate route is planned that would by-pass Grand Forks
in the event of unanticipated road construction or closures
Website (click): BEST WESTERN Shelby Inn & Suites | Glacier Park Hotels
about 1 hour East of Glacier Park Entrance
a relaxed social evening stay & Breakfast included in the Morning
1948 W. Roosevelt Hwy, Shelby, Montana 59474 USA
King Bed Suite – AMA rate – US$154 + fees
Day 2 note: alternate route is shown in the event of unanticipated road construction or closure
Tuesday, July 17th 2018
Park Entrance fees may be required from Shelby through Going-to-the-Sun Road to Whitefish, Montana
Afternoon border crossing into Canada
Frank Slide and Crowsnest Pass
Cowboy Trail (Hwy 22) to Calgary AB
Dinner Stop at Boston Pizza in High River
Evening Cruise finale High River to Calgary
Preview of the next weekend of Cruises
– July 20th-22nd 2018 –
– a Sequel follows in only 3 days from Edmonton to the Cold Lake Air Show & 65th CorvetteAnniversary Event . More on this event can be found here on Corvette Zone or the CCF forums.
If you have made it this far…. push the RSVP button below and join us for the MITM event and enjoy the various cruises organized to and from the event in Winnipeg.